We are always looking for highly motivated sales people for our growing business!
Our current openings are in our Blooming Boutique, Gift Store, and Treasures (Jewelry) Store locations. Available positions are in Lewes, Long Neck, and Milford. Flexibility to travel between locations is required.
CUSTOMER FOCUSED RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE
Keeping a Blooming Boutique, Treasures, or our Gift shops thriving requires a diverse set of skills. You play an integral role in the store’s success as you are the liaison between the customer and company. We are looking for individuals who have sales experience and that are able to stand on their
feet, work quickly and accurately, multi-task and are very outgoing.
Your main function is to assist customers in finding and purchasing the required merchandise in a retail environment.
- greet customers
- find out the customer's needs
- recommend, select and help locate the right merchandise
- describe a product's features and benefits
- demonstrate use and operation of the product
- answer customer queries regarding the store and the merchandise
- provide information about care and maintenance of merchandise
- receive and process cash, check and charge/credit payments
- provide change and receipts
- bag or package purchases
- count money, sort charge slips and balance monies
- maintain sales records
- place special orders
- organize and process merchandise exchanges
- stay current with sales prices
- recognize and monitor security issues
- arrange and display merchandise
- keep merchandise area tidy
- take stock inventory
- requisition new stock
- Availability to work flexible shifts; hours and locations (different days in the week and in Lewes, Long Neck, or Milford locations)
- Proven work experience as a Retail Sales associate, Sales representative or similar role
- Comfort using a calculator to determine discount amounts on hand-written receipts
- Friendly and energetic personality with customer-service focus
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to perform under pressure and address customer complaints in a timely manner.
- Ability to remain knowledgeable on products offered and discuss available options
- Ability to cross sell products
- Comfort processing returns/exchanges of merchandise
- Protecting the security of cash, inventory, and other assets according to company guidelines
- Proactively educate yourself on product knowledge, campaign promotions and merchandising standards
- Execute markdowns and price changes
- Implement Marketing promotions
- Cleaning/maintenance of store appearance in accordance with Company standards
- Comfort on a ladder
- Ability to carry 25 pounds
- A desire to learn!
Blooming Boutique Specific
- Passion for women’s clothing, shoes, and accessories
- Work effectively to ensure the selling floor, cash wrap, fitting rooms and stockroom are clean and well maintained per Company standards
- Actively work with products by stocking, replenishing, folding, hanging, displaying and merchandising per company guidelines to maximize selling opportunities
- Passion for jewelry and home décor.
- Comfort merchandising larger artwork pieces
Gift Shop Specific
- Passion for gifts
- Actively work with gift products by stocking, replenishing, displaying and merchandising per company guidelines to maximize selling opportunities
- Passion for hosting events and sampling
- good communication skills
- customer service orientation
- stress tolerance
- high energy level
- endurance – being able to work on your feet for your shift
COMPANY DRESS CODE
- Your appearance is an integral part of Blooming Boutique’s image. You must be wearing our merchandise when dealing with customers and representing our company.
- No junky or dirty flip flops. No sneakers.
- No jeans. No shorts or t-shirts – only exception is jeans. Walking short length shorts and t-shirts that we sell in the specific store you work.
- No extremes in jewelry/ accessories, piercings or tattoos.
- Come in accessorized – we are a full accessory store and that is the image we want to portray to our clients.
- Make sure your hair is properly maintained: no one wants to be served by someone with unkempt hair. Wash it and style it appropriately.
- Look clean & proper: These are simply the basics of proper grooming. Make sure your fingernails look clean and nicely maintained, and for the ladies, if you’re exposing your toes, make sure they look pedicured.
- Maintain good posture, don’t chew gum and smile – these are always in style!
- Cell phones are to be away and used only if needed for business.